Life Ten Years Ago:
I have very vague recollections of Life a decade back. I was 9 years old, which would mean I was in class III- and I was the Monitor. (Yes- I actually was given such a God-forsaken post!) Tomboy to the extreme, I stayed the hell away from combs, dresses and other girlie things, which I detested fiercely. Pretty much got bullied by Guppy, and pampered by Ma and Height. Shruti and Sanjita- my first ever best friends, were still in town- what fun we had those couple of years!
Life Five Years Ago:
Was a complete waking up experience. I was beginning to realise that Life was more than school friends and parties- that there existed other matters beyond the realm of childhood and adolescence, that we must all resign ourselves to accept. That Life was in no way a bed of roses. I became friends with Tanima- the one who tolerated all my whims, moods, and shortcomings, and helped me grow up. (Of course, I helped her grow up as well!) She's the only one among my friends whom I can still talk to, and feel that nothing's changed- that years haven't passed us by, and that Time hasn't whooshed along and taken fun-times from us.
Is Sunday- the day of rest! The day for lots of sleep, gorom-gorom mangsho-bhaat, and movie in the evening! But Life tomorrow, (at the risk of sounding cliched), more philosophically- is a new beginning. A day of good intentions, higher aspirations, and less pretensions.
Five Locations I Would Like To Run Away To:
1. My little ladies' room *grin*- it's provided me solace and comfort, and water to splash on my face when I've been crying in secret.
2. My own corner of the roof- that elusive little place that gets the best wind, has the best view, and the best atmosphere for just thinking things out.
3. London- where my grandmother says I should have been born!
4. Gurgaon- my brother's place- just to laugh my guts out at the outrageously hilarious things he says! (Laughter therapy WORKS!)
5. And finally- my home, because that's where my heart is. No place like home.
Five Things I Will Never Wear:
1. Spaggheti straps / tube tops (I can't even begin to consider showing all that skin!)
2. Anti-fit jeans (Gaah!)
3. Long ankle-length skirts- the ethnic kind (Not my kind at all!)
4. Those six-pocket cargo pant thingies (They don't suit me)
5. And lastly, I will never wear my heart on my sleeve, for jackdaws to peck at. It invariably leads to trouble.
Five Biggest Joys At This Moment:
1. JUDE- my friends, the jheel, classes, canteens- life would seem incomplete without them all.
2. Broadband finally being fixed.
3. Guppy coming on the 21st- yippee!
4. S- the one and only. I love you vewwyvewwymuch!
5. My mom and the endless support she gives, for just about everything.
Five Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. See the world- hopefully London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Goa, Egypt, Bangalore, Auckland, Hawaii, Kerala, and New York. (Whew! What a list!)
2. Write and publish atleast one book.
3. Take good care of my mother, and ensure that she has only the best.
4. Widen my horizons and be able to learn constantly.
5. Marry, have children, and livehappilyeverafter.
Note: Thanks to Quietlittleshything for providing this tag!