Tuesday 3 February 2009

Tagged by Sohini and Shreya.

25 Random things, facts, habits, goals about myself:
  1. The songs I am currently addicted to are "Come On, Eileen" (The Cure), and "Morning Has Broken" (Cat Stevens).
  2. I have OCD. And that's not a big secret. I straighten pictures on the wall if they're crooked, I get intensely bothered by dust, and I don't let anyone doodle on my notebook. In fact, I don't doodle myself on my notebook!
  3. Cooking is my passion, and I feel incomplete without it. It's like therapy, you know? The kitchen is one of my favourite places to be.
  4. I am tremendously scared of heights. Oh, and lizards disgust me.
  5. My favourite books are Frankenstein, and Haroun And The Sea Of Stories. I could read them over and over again.
  6. I like pink. I look good in the colour. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. *grin*
  7. Hypocrisy is a big turn-off for me. There's nothing worse than pretending to be something you're not.
  8. My chocolate cakes are awesome, and have gathered quite a fan following. *grin* I'm not bragging, just merely stating a fact.
  9. I don't wear a watch. I feel uncomfortable in them. For me, looking at the time on my mobile phone is enough.
  10. I have a serious problem with injections and blood tests. I black out when the needle pricks my arm. I'm not too comfortable with the sight of blood, either. And that's putting it mildly.
  11. "Ratatouille" - my favourite animated film. That movie was just awesome!
  12. Clingyness and being over-friendly make me uncomfortable. I'm a person who needs my space.
  13. I'm not very brand conscious, but certain brands I do swear by. For example, I don't wear any other jeans but Levi's, I practically live in Converse shoes! And I adore Nina Ricci perfume.
  14. Sushi gets to me. I can't stand the dish. Tried it, hated it.
  15. I am quite happy being alone, and doing stuff on my own. Lots of people feel terrifically lonely when left to themselves, but not me. I think I've always been a bit removed, if you know what I mean.
  16. JUDE is one of the best things that has happened to me. Literally, a dream come true.
  17. I miss my dad terribly. And I hugely admire my mother for what she's made of herself. I'd consider myself fortunate if I could be even half the person she is.
  18. If I could visit any one place, it'd be Venice. I've always wanted to go there.
  19. I can eat a lot, without putting on weight.
  20. In the last one year or so, I've made some really close friends. And I love each one of them, for being so special. You all know who you are. *grin*
  21. I'd like to name my daughter (if I have one) - Nayantara, or Mrinalini. I think they're very pretty names. Moplah, are you listening? *wink*
  22. I adore the smells of citrus and vanilla. Oh, and new books too.
  23. I never go out on Sundays, unless absolutely necessary. For me, it's the day to stay at home. Wild horses wouldn't be able to drag me out.
  24. I am obsessed with earrings! I have countless pairs, half of which I haven't even worn as yet, and I still buy more!
  25. I have a hot temper, which flares up easily sometimes, making me say the most awful things. (Sometimes, I've even thrown stuff.) But I'm much more in control of it than I used to be.

10 comments:

storyteller said...

You've thrown stuff?=| oh oh and your cakes are amazing and if you ever open an eatery/cafe whatever you'd be the star chef and people will flock to your hotel in dozens!And thats an understatement!

Shree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shree said...

1stly, "My chocolate cakes are awesome, and have gathered quite a fan following" - I'm not a fan, kintu ekkebare air-condition! ;)

2ndly, "I can eat a lot, without putting on weight." - I know exactly what you mean cuz the same thing happens to me as well!
*sad sigh*

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

nayantara? your starry-eyed kid will kill you.

mrinalini is pretty though.

SPIRITed! said...

Can eat a lot without putting on weight?

How, cruel world, HOW?!

Magically Bored said...

@ Storyteller: Umm, yes, I have thrown things when VERY angry. >looks embarrassed<
And thanks. Tui ashbi toh? I shall make cheesecake for you. :D

@ Zephyr: Heh! But I'm not sad about not being able to put on weight, on the contrary- I consider myself lucky. :P

@ Doubletake, Doublethink: Arre, Nayantara is a very pretty name! Atleast, I think so.

@ Spirited!: Sigh, such is life, eh? :P

CheshireCat said...

Lovely post. :)

Astraeus said...

nice read

u have OCD and i have ASD, hmm (random that comment was)

Rene Lacoste said...

You're almost proud of your OCD, aren't you? The way you advertise it, with a flourish and all :P

Anushka said...

The cat in the top-left corner of your header picture, looks EXACTLY like one of mine.

CREEPILY similar, I'm telling you. I've always thought he leads a double life.