Sunday 16 August 2009

Loss.

Sometimes, I miss you so much it hurts. I retreat to a private little corner of my world, nursing a physical pain that refuses to go away. You have left behind an emptiness, and sometimes I think it strange that a void can hurt so much.
I remember you with photographs and with remembrances of certain incidents, and with scribbled notes in books. I look at the framed pictures of you, and open that Old Spice bottle just to remind myself of the way you used to smell. And I even see you in myself.
But somehow, I still miss you. I wish you were here, and sometimes, I find myself wondering if you are watching over me. If you're not, come here please, I need you. And if you are, stay - don't go just yet. I still need you around. Perhaps I always will.

8 comments:

Idle Wild said...

*hug*
I feel the same thoughts go through my mind so often.

Astraeus said...

*hug*

little boxes said...

Beautiful.someone who you love so much brinda,cant help but be looking after you forever...no matter how far he is.

Tripthi Battapadi said...

well written!
Nice post :)

Arse Poetica said...

*silence*

Arse Poetica said...

articulate grief is both paradoxical and beautiful...

Shree said...

*hugstight*
And, I agree with little boxes.

Magically Bored said...

@ Idle Wind: Well, it's comforting to know I'm not alone. :)

@ Astraeus: Thank you.

@ Little Boxes: Thank you, I hope so too. :)

@ The Blue Periwinkle: Thank you. And that's a cute display picture!

@ Ahona: Yes, it is.

@ The Lonestar: I do, too.