Sunday 9 May 2010

Happiness.

Happiness is curling up in bed while a thunderstorm rages outside. Digging into a plateful of steaming hot Pasta, with Pickles at my feet, and dancing in the rain afterwards. Then breathing in the heady smell of the earth - that delightful snorgasbord of rain, grass and air - that combines to make you feel both cool and warm at the same time.
Happiness is completing three undergraduate years at JUDE, looking back on the numerous cups of Iced Tea, the good and the bad classes, the picnics and the photographs, the retardness, and the friends.
Happiness is a long drive along the streets of Calcutta, followed by a stroll along Prinsep Ghat, rounded off with spicy Momos. Happiness is the feel of your hand, the sound of your voice, and the beep of my phone whenever it's a text message from you.
Happiness is making it through certain stressful-painful days in one piece, going to sleep at night knowing something's been accomplished, knowing I've made a difference. Because all the sharp words, all the criticism, and all the sarcasm - it's all temporary. I know what I'm worth, what I'm capable of - and as long as the people who matter know, that's all I need.

8 comments:

Deboleena said...

Isn't it lovely how the rain can make you feel the same things every time and still never get old? :)

You are staying on at JUDE toh?

storyteller said...

Aww, ki very romantic :P

Magically Bored said...

@ Sugar Magnolia: Yes, think I shall be staying on at JUDE.

@ Storyteller: Oh, shush. :P

little boxes said...

that successfully generated a warm fuzzy feeling in the stomach :)

Pooja said...

:)) The thunderstorms sound amazing as does the pasta :)

Magically Bored said...

@ Little Boxes: :)

@ Poo: Pasta during a thunderstorm is even better! :D

Arse Poetica said...

I love this post. It makes me feel so happy. Much <3 to you Tuna.

Magically Bored said...

@ Arse Poetica: Aww, thank you. <3