Friday 3 June 2011

Day 12: A Book I Used To Love But Don’t Anymore

I think we've all been through the "Holden Caulfield" phase, that time when everything seems oh-so-pointless and everyone around seems out to make life miserable. There was a time when I used to love this book, when I identified with Holden and his problems, but now, when I read it, I am struck by how much things have changed - what seemed like cool adolescent angst then is pure whiny attitude now. The book's very well-written and Salinger has created a classic, no doubt. It's just that I don't love this book as much as I used to - maybe I have grown up, or maybe I just see life differently.
PS - My point of view here is going to clash drastically here with someone's - she almost worships this book, so if I have offended her sentiments, I beg forgiveness. :)

No comments: