Tuesday 17 August 2010

Happy Birthday!



To you. 
You, whom I met on the day of admissions, and was the first classmate I talked to.
You, whom I spent countless hours with at Moni-da's Canteen, downing plates of questionable Thai Chowmein.
You, who has been my one constant friend through the four years I've been at JUDE.
You, whom I whine and wail to, gossip to, and make the victim of my terrible jokes.
You, whom I go shopping with, bunk classes with, and brave the KMR with.
You, who takes the best pictures of me.
You, whom I text in class even if we're sitting right next to each other.
You, fellow-Cheesecake-lover, who has always stood by me, no matter what.
Here's to you, bringing in your 22nd year.
A very very Happy Birthday!
May life's troubles never wipe away your smile, because it is in the midst of troubles that you discover your strongest self.
Wish you a wonderful year ahead!
Lots of love.<3


8 comments:

Arse Poetica said...

I love this post. Cliche as it may sound, there's a lump in my throat. Very few people can make and sustain friendships like these. I can't. So my love and best wishes to two of the most wonderful people I know :)

ahona.

storyteller said...

I do not know what to say.Just that I know I'm mostly a pain and always paranoid about the stupidest of things.And no matter what happens in my life, I know you will be a constant and that always makes me feel better. Lots and lots of love and cheesecakes.

Mohit said...

Storyteller turns 22! Yay! =D

jellyfish said...

touching. i made exactly one friend in JUDE for whom I never could write something as heartfelt as this. Here's to friendships!
Happy Birthday Shreya!

Anonymous said...

yay, what a cheery nice post!

Vagabond said...

Aww, what a sweet post!

Pooja said...

Girlfriends are the best! :) I miss having mine so far away from me and my bestie in the US, you ladies look all happy and shiny and like shampoo models :)

Deboleena said...

What a lovely picture. :)