Saturday 25 June 2011

Day 21: Favourite Book From My Childhood

The Sesame Street book Nobody Cares About Me just has to be the favourite book from my childhood. Yes, I loved Noddy and I loved Amelia Jane even more, but this, which was incidentally one of the earliest books I read, has a special place in my heart. In it, Big Bird, jealous of all the attention that Ernie gets after falling sick, pretends to be sick himself, only to actually fall very ill and realise it's not at all fun.
There's a moral in there, but forget that - I loved this book for its very vivid illustrations, its lovable characters, and Big Bird himself - who was just so darn cute!

2 comments:

storyteller said...

Aww! <3

Err, my word verification is "sperm". Gross.

Magically Bored said...

WHAT! Haha! I once got a word verification for "undyman". I rest my case.